Our Life Begins With A Breath. God has gifted us with such a wonderful human body and it’s our own responsibility to keep it working perfectly. As we know, we breath around 22,000 times in a day and human body can only survive for minutes without air. So welcome to our Department of Pulmonary Medicine, an integrated, super specialized branch of general medicine.
- We have dedicated team of Pulmonologist including very senior, experienced experts to juniors who are eager to service the community better with their young aggressive thoughts
- At our institute, we are all ready to help our patients with breathing disorders. Treating respiratory disease patients has become an easy challenge with well support from other departments.
- We have a well equipped endoscopy ( bronchoscopy ) suit, assisted by well trained staff and nurses for bronchoscopic intervention for diagnostic and therapeutic purpose like lung biopsy, washings, lavage, brushings etc, help us diagnose our patients.
- Good laboratory practice is essential and at Saifee Hospital, we are supported with well trained department of pathology and microbiology.
- To screen, diagnose and monitor respiratory impairment we have facility for doing Pulmonary Function Test to measure spirometer studies, lung volume, diffusion studies.
- Rapid Scanning techniques available including ultrasonography, multislice CT Scan, V/O Scan.
- Advent of more flexible imaging techniques and new needle and drain technology has reduced requirement of surgical intervention.
- Our automated air exchange, with well equipped ICU department, supports us very well with Invasive / Non Invasive mechanical ventilator for our patients with Respiratory Failure Management.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation, as you know, now plays very important treatment strategy in chronic respiratory ill patients, and this is well supported in our institute by physiotherapist colleague.
- And to add to our patient’s comfort, we now also have facility of sleep study ( in house ) to diagnose patients having sleep disorders like OSA, Snoring.