Our Life Begins With A Breath. God has gifted us with such a wonderful human body and it’s our own responsibility to keep it working perfectly. As we know, we breath around 22,000 times in a day and human body can only survive for minutes without air. So welcome to our Department of Pulmonary Medicine, an integrated, super specialized branch of general medicine.
- We have dedicated team of Pulmonologist including very senior experienced experts to juniors who are eager to serve the community better with their young aggressive thoughts
- At our institute, we are all ready to help our patients with breathing disorders. Treating respiratory disease patients has become an easy challenge with good support from other departments.
- We have a well equipped endoscopy (bronchoscopy) suit, assisted by well trained staff and nurses for bronchoscopic intervention for diagnostic and therapeutic purpose like lung biopsy, washings, lavage, brushings etc.
- Good laboratory practice is essential and at Saifee Hospital, we are supported with well trained department of pathology and microbiology.
- To screen, diagnose and monitor respiratory impairment we have facility for doing Pulmonary Function Test to measure spirometer studies, lung volume, diffusion studies.
- Rapid Scanning techniques available including ultrasonography, multislice CT Scan, V/Q Scan.
- Our automated air exchange, with well equipped ICU department, supports us very well with Invasive / Non Invasive mechanical ventilator for our patients with Respiratory Failure Management.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation, as you know, now plays very important treatment strategy in chronic respiratory ill patients, and this is well supported in our institute by physiotherapist colleagues.
- And to add to our patient’s comfort, we now also have facility of sleep study (in house) to diagnose patients having sleep disorders like OSA and Snoring.
Click here to know more about Sleep Study