- Pulmonary function tests are a group of procedures that measure the function of the lungs, revealing problems in the way a patient breathes.
- The tests can determine the cause of shortness of breath and may help confirm lung diseases, such as asthma, bronchitis or emphysema.
- Pulmonary Function Test Department is situated on the first floor of Saifee Hospital building where a full range of tests can be carried out to aid in the diagnosis and management of respiratory conditions.
- The Consultant Chest Physician at Saifee Hospital works with highly specialised equipment to perform basic and complex lung function tests.
- The unit specializes in treating patients with a wide variety of respiratory problems indicated in diagnosis and treatment of patients have the following conditions: Asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), Bronchiectasis, Sleep related problems such as sleep apnea, Tuberculosis, Pneumonia, Lung cancer, Interstitial lung disease, Occupational lung diseases, Pleural disease and Pulmonary vascular disorders.
Diagnostic Services offered are:
- Lung Volume Test
- Lung Capacity Diffusion Test
- 6 Minute Walk Test
- Spirometry Bronchodilator Test